Sunday, November 23, 2008

LMU Head Coach Takes Leave of Absence

What has already been a tough start to the season for LMU just got a whole lot tougher. The Lions, who are off to an 0-4 start, will be without their head coach for an indefinite period of time.

The Los Angeles times ran the story today, and it appears that Bill Bayno is dealing with a serious medical condition.

"Recently, I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition, in part, related to the stress and anxiety of head coaching," Bayno said in a statement released by the school. "It will require treatment, which will force me to take a leave of absence. It is unfortunate and I feel badly for the university, the coaching staff and most of all my players and their families, all of whom I will miss very much. I ask for privacy for myself and my family and I thank you for your prayers and support."

Max Good will be promoted to interim coach while Bayno takes care of his health problems. TKR would like to wish a quick recovery to Coach Bayno, and the most important thing is that he gets fully healthy.

No comments: