Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pargo in New Orleans

Another day passes, which means another report on a workout by Jeremy Pargo. Today he worked out for the New Orleans Hornets, the home of his brother Jannero. Working out with Jeremy were Sonny Weems, Othello Hunter, Shan Foster, Trent Plaisted, and Antoine Agudio. Obviously, this workout did not have the amount of talent that we have seen Jeremy working out with over the last week. The Hornets own the 27th pick in the draft, and most draft websites have the Hornets selecting either a big man to complement Tyson Chandler, or a SG to add another weapon to an already loaded team. I would be surprised to see the Hornets use a 1st round pick on a PG, as they already have arguably the best in the league with Chris Paul.

Here is a scouting report on Jeremy--

Strengths (courtesy NBA Scouting Services): “Strong, athletic and hard-nosed point guard that has successfully made the transition from shooting guard. Uses his strength and quickness to his advantage on the drive and on the defensive end.”

Here is a quote from Jeremy---

Q: What areas of your game are you trying to improve or prove to scouts that they aren’t weaknesses?
A: I need to prove that I can make better decisions with the ball. I think I can do a good job of getting guys the ball in the right situations. I think people realize I can do that, but I (want to) make less turnovers and better decisions, play within myself, let the game come to me and slow down a bit.

According to the Hornets website, you can follow this link to listen to an audio interview with Jeremy, although I have been unable to find the interview. The Kennel Report will continue to bring you updates on each of Jeremy's workouts, as we get closer to June 16th.

No comments: