Friday, June 6, 2008

Pargo works out for Nets

Earlier today, Jeremy Pargo completed his 4th workout in as many days. Today he worked out for the New Jersey Nets who own the 10th and 21st pick (from the Jason Kidd trade with Dallas). The other participants in the workout today were Chase Budinger, Lester Hudson, Brandon Rush, Joey Dorsey, and Marreese Speights. Point Guard is not a huge need for the Nets, as they have both Devin Harris and Marcus Williams. There has been some talk about the Nets trying to move Marcus Williams, but I still don't think they would consider taking a Point Guard in the 1st round.

The following are some quotes by the Nets management-

-- Nets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe on Jeremy Pargo and Lester Hudson
“Some of the smaller guys, Hudson and Pargo, they really competed well. They held their own.”

-- Nets Director of Scouting Gregg Polinsky on Jeremy Pargo and Lester Hudson
“They were both very physically strong and both guys competed at a very high level which made the workout go very well, particularly when we did three-on-three type things. They both used the dribble pretty effectively. Neither one is a big jumper but seemed to know how to use their body to create space. Overall I thought both guys did a nice job.”

The following are some quotes by Jeremy on his performance-

On today’s workout:
“I think it went pretty good for everyone here. We competed and played hard. I thought it was a great atmosphere to be able to get out here and play in front of the head coach of the team, the GM, things like that. It was a great atmosphere and I’m pretty sure everyone was excited about it.”

On shooting drills during the workout:
“I was kind of happy with the way I shot the ball. There was a shooting competition and in the last 35 seconds I think Lester and Chase both hit 12, and I ended up hitting 13 so it was a little bit competitive at the end.”

On how he sees himself fitting in with the Nets:
“I see it as an opportunity to come in and learn from a young veteran in Devin Harris. He’s been a big part of what Dallas has done so far and I’m pretty sure they love what he’s doing here. I’d greatly appreciate playing behind him for a year or two and learn as much as I can.”

In the following week Jeremy will be working out for Memphis, New Orleans, Cleveland, San Antonio, Portland and Seattle. Jeremy, along with all the other underclassmen, have until June 16th to withdraw from the draft.

No comments: